- Programme of a System of Synthetic Philosophy (1862)
- Attempt at a synthesis of human knowledge
- Formation of order is a pervasive feature of the universe
- The universe evolves towards a more and more complex state
- Living matter originates from a common state, then it evolves into different kinds
- Kant's a-priori knowledge is determined by evolution
- "Survival of the fittest"
- Human progress (wealth, power) results from the triumph of more advanced individuals, organizations, societies and cultures over their inferior competitors