- Cognitive Science usually tries to explain how the mind works. But i feel
that another way to find out who we are is to look at what minds do.
The behavior of any animal is a clue to how its mind works. If i catalog the
things that an ant does, i obtain a good base to understand how an ant's mind
- One cannot understand organisms (and even less super-organisms) apart from the
structures that their genetic program compels them to create.
- What do human minds do? Ultimately they have created civilizations.
- The human mind may have developed for the
purpose of "survival of the fittest" but at some point the human mind started
doing something that no other mind had done before: building civilizations.
- It is surprising that most scientists of the mind do not spend more time
studying civilizations. I feel that we can understand the human mind only
when we analyze many civilizations, both ancient and modern.