Education as Reeducation
- Universities are becoming similar to city states.
- Campuses schedule enough educational and non-educational activities for their students to completely congest their lives.
- The college does not just provide an education to its students, but also monopolizes the education of its students: the students are de facto forbidden from getting any kind of education elsewhere.
- The students don't have physically time to attend a lecture at another educational institution, or an exhibition at a museum, or a demonstration at a company's research laboratories (unless the college facilitates it).
- The universities monopolize not only the education of the students but also their social life.
- When one is exposed to only one "teacher", it amounts to more than education: it is brainwashing.
- When one is consistently guided in one's spare time, it is more than entertainment: it is communist-style reeducation.
- Colleges shape the minds and lifestyles of their students.