- The world is a One ("heaven, earth, and the myriad things are all of one substance with myself")
- All things are part of the "ch'I" from which the world emanates
- This world is a world of misery and grief
- Release from suffering is through "progress"
- Human history progresses from the age of disorder to the age of order to the age of peace
- Progress to remedy suffering includes nine obstacles to be removed (nations, races, classes, gender bias, etc)
- Jen would then be universal love for all creatures
- Competition is not the engine of progress, but the biggest obstacle to true progress