This is an addendum to the page on internships.
Depending on your skills, your interest/hobbies and your field of study, these are the most urgent chores for which i need help:
I can provide the computer, the software and the internet.
- Expanding and documenting any of the essays published in this section and turning them into professional scholarly papers with extensive references.
- Rearrange pictures of the travel section so that a) the thumbnails are bigger and b) the presentation is better
- Copying my Tumblr blog to www.scaruffi.com/cultart.html (exact same look and feel)
- Composing, editing and e-publishing ebooks from the many webpages at scaruffi.com (e.g., Hiking in California,
A Visual History of Knowledge,
A Tour of the World, etc). Click here for more details.
- Adding the English title to all the novels listed in the timelines of literature
- Restyling the whole website (at least the level 1 and 2 pages)
- Turning the Powerpoint slides of Piero Scaruffi's class "A History of Knowledge" into JPG files that can be posted on the website (requires basic editing skills)
- Biographies of Silicon Valley protagonists and companies, later extending to other socioeconomic regions of the USA
- Cinema: Creating stubs for the directors listed in the middle column of this page that still don't have a page on my website.
- A sociological study of Silicon Valley
- Publishing a book of the pictures of the countries of the world (requires Photoshop and Editing)
- Researching contemporary art, mainly through art events worldwide such as this one to identify contemporary artists who fit in general themes/categories such as "Time", "Life", "Mind", etc regardless of the media employed.
- Collecting and cataloging research on creativity
- Publishing in a book the pages on hiking in California and related photos, adding GPS-friendly information, topomaps, etc (requires Photoshop and Editing)
- Publishing a follow-up to my book of poetry, philosophy and photography (requires Photoshop and Editing)
- Finding ways to establish two-way communication with the audience (requires web programming skills), in particular a "wiki" for readers to post their comments on rock and jazz musicians
- Identifying the exact dates (at least the month) of the various timelines in the History section
- Translating italian texts on films and music into english (requires working understanding of Italian and excellent English language skills)
- Inserting ratings for the jazz albums in the bios of jazz musicians (based on the ratings listed in the "best jazz albums of all times" page)
- Proof-reading my articles on policits (requires excellent English language skills)
- Translating Piero Scaruffi's award-winning Italian poetry into English (requires excellent understanding of Italian and excellent English language skills)
- Selecting the most beautiful pictures of hiking in California and compose an appropriate presentation
- Reading a chapter of the book "The Nature of Consciousness" and researching which new developments in the scientific world are not covered; then preparing a bibliography and short summaries of such developments; reviews of the bibliography (requires familiarity with Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence, etc)
- Splitting "The Nature of Consciousness" on the website into many small webpages
- Promoting the website among retailers, distributors, manufacturers, publishers, etc (requires a passion for business development). This one could be lucrative because i'd give you 50% of the first-year contract with any new business you bring.
- Restyling (Photoshop) about 3,000 pictures of exotic places
- Proof-editing English translations of original Italian texts
- Expanding a section of the website on the great philosophers of the past
- Music-related: See this page for a detailed list.
E-mail a resume