This is an addendum to the page on internships.
There are many (boring and time-consuming) tasks for which i don't have time.
I wish i had a secretary, but i cannot afford to hire one.
Depending on your skills, your interest/hobbies and your field of study, these are the most urgent chores for which i need help:
- Read all the bios of bands of the 80s and 90s and find the ones that need more detailed reviews (especially heavy metal)
- Creating bio pages for all the writers listed in my timelines of literature (and adding a tiny picture to all the writers that have a novel rated "+").
- Adding the English translation of all the titles of novels and poems in my timelines of literature (in most cases i only used the original title of novels, plays and poems)
- Proof-editing texts, especially the translations created with DeepL
- Creating bio pages for all the classical musicians listed in my timelines of classical music, starting with the 20th century (and adding a tiny picture to all the names)
- Creating bio pages for all the painters listed in my list, with titles, dates and pictures of their best paintings.
- Creating galleries of iconic stills from the films of the filmmakers starting with the ones who top the "best of" decade lists and starting with the early days of cinema (those that are already done are listed here but many of the classics like Lang and Hitchcock need a lot more research)
- Compose a weekly magazine with articles taken from my website: music, art, cinema, history, science...
- Music. Checking all the new releases of artists mentioned on my website that i have missed.
- Contacting artists and producers who are still alive to find out the release dates of classic albums. See what Rocco has been doing for several years.
- Expanding and documenting any of the essays published in this section and turning them into professional scholarly papers with extensive references.
- Rearrange pictures of the travel section so that a) the thumbnails are bigger and b) the presentation is better
- Copying my Tumblr blog to www.scaruffi.com/cultart.html (exact same look and feel)
- Composing, editing and e-publishing ebooks from the many webpages at scaruffi.com (e.g., Hiking in California,
A Visual History of Knowledge,
A Tour of the World, etc). Click here for more details.
- Add to www.scaruffi.com/birthday the birthdates of all the writers mentioned in my lists of best novels, best poetry and best theater, and of all the filmmakers who made a film in my list of best films
- Add the month to the history timelines
- Restyling the whole website (at least the level 1 and 2 pages) but so far all attempts have failed
- Proof-edit, rearrange, update and revise the second volume of my History of Silicon Valley
- Biographies of Silicon Valley protagonists and companies, later extending to other socioeconomic regions of the USA
- Literature, cinema, art, music, science: adding small 200x200 pixel pictures to the bio of each writer, filmmaker, artist, scientist, musician
- Publishing a follow-up to my book of poetry, philosophy and photography (requires Photoshop and Editing)
- Finding ways to establish two-way communication with the audience (requires web programming skills), in particular a "wiki" for readers to post their comments on rock and jazz musicians
- Translating italian texts on films and music into english (requires a working understanding of Italian, using google translate or DeepL to make the drafts, and excellent English language skills). Click here for a list of pages that require the translation (avoid the very short texts that will probably be replaced with more comprehensive texts in the near future)
- Proof-reading my articles on politics (requires good English language skills)
- Translating Piero Scaruffi's award-winning Italian poetry into English (requires an excellent understanding of Italian and excellent English language skills)
- Selecting the most beautiful pictures of hiking in California and compose an appropriate presentation
- Selecting the most beautiful pictures of my world travels and compose an appropriate presentation
- Restyling about 3,000 pictures of exotic places
- Proof-editing English translations of original Italian texts
- Music-related: See this page for a detailed list.
If you are a student looking for an internship, e-mail me your resume